We can finally say goodbye to 2020! A year that nobody expected with challenges for everyone but now it’s time to look ahead and start planning your new year.
What can you learn from the year gone and what would you like the year ahead to look like?
Are you going through a messy divorce? Are you in a marriage that isn’t heading in the right direction? Or maybe you are coming out the other side of divorce and into unknown territory relating to love, finances, single parenting – and all that comes with a seperation.
This time of the year it’s important to take some time out to reflect and plan. What is life like now and where do you want to be this time next year, in 3, 5 or 10 years time.
Take some time this week to consider these questions:
1. How old will I be in 10 years? Write it down! (eg: In 2031 I will be 39 years old).
2. How old will my children be? List it out!
3. How long was I married for? OMG and do I want to spend the next 10 years regretting life? NO!
4. List 5 things you would like to do in life if you had the courage?
5. Where would you like to live?
6. What work would you like to do? Do you want to attend a course or upskill your qualifications?
Now is also a good time to consider your income and plan for your financial future. You can download our income worksheet from here.
Remember you are not alone on this journey. There are people to help you through when times are tough.
Happiness is a fleeting present state of mind. It’s a feeling at a point in time. You too will be happy and have a happier year ahead.
Stay positive and start planning!